It was James Allen, the British writer who said: “No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks.” What clarity! Gratitude has never been a small matter before the Living God. In 2014, I read Ann Voskamp’s book One Thousand Gifts. And O’ how it changed me. I share this concept of itemizing blessings from Ann, because she helped me see in such a pointed way why cultivating the discipline of gratitude is so critical to our inner making. Gratitude should be itemized. Though ‘Thanks for everything‘ is nice to say. It would be much better to unpack what “everything” really means. Difficult graces (as Ann calls them) are also gifts. Not always are we able to see it this way. But if we trust that God has never sat down to orchestrate our ruin, it will be much easier to–give thanks in everything!
I thought this discipline is better demonstrated than explained, and so I took these first twelve “gifts” itemized below from Ann’s book to arrest any lingering apathy and indifference to gratitude, that God may save us with expediency. I encourage you to build your own list, and commit to working on it until you draw that last breath.
For HIS glory!
“What do you want me to do for you?” LORD, I want to see! (Luke 18:41)
- The more (good) we see, the more of it we see! Good or bad–that’s what we see.
- Ultimately, in his essence, Satan is ungrateful. An ingrate. How God had made him, and what God had given him was not enough (Ezekiel 28). He was the seal of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. He was in Eden, the garden of God. Every precious stone adorned him… yet! It wasn’t enough.
- Our fall was, has always been, and always will be, that we aren’t satisfied in God and what He gives. We hunger for something more, something other than what HE gave us or how He made us. (Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts)
- Yes! Satan he wanted more. To exalt himself. To be like the Most High! (Isaiah 14)
- This is the cornerstone of Satan’s own movement. The serpent. He still hisses. He still slithers through our gardens. Repeating the same lie throughout the ages: “God can’t be good.” If He was, He wouldn’t withhold that from you. Again and again, he hisses: you should ascend. You deserve more! You are better than that.
- Doubting God’s goodness, distrusting His intent, discontented with what He’s given, we desire… I have desired… more. The attention. The friends. The homes, the cars, the looks, the popularity–we want more. The rest of the garden (Our own gift–Paradise) is simply not enough. WE moan. God has withheld what we wanted. No, what we needed. This is not fair. This God– can’t be good!
- “I look in the mirror, and if I’m fiercely blunt–what I have, who I am, where I am, how I am, what I’ve got-this simply isn’t enough. And so I live the doubt, look at my reflection, and ask: Does God really love me? If He truly, deeply loved me, why does He withhold that which I believe will fully nourish me? He must not want me to be happy.” (Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts)
- Our eyes were already opened when God made us. But we believe the lie. “In the day you eat from it, your eyes will be opened” (Genesis 3:5). But we were already perfect in vision–able to see a world spilling over with God’s goodness. We saw God in His truest form: good! This “more” we are lured to go “see” by the serpent’s deception was the ugliness we hadn’t beheld, the sinfulness we hadn’t witnessed and the loss we hadn’t known.
- We eat. And in an instant, we are blind!
- No longer do we see God as one we can trust. Our sight is peppered with black holes. We hide. We are ashamed. We are afraid. We are naked and we know it.
- Satan. He turns our eyes from the remaining paradise. Our gaze was fixed on what God said we couldn’t have. We coveted and took it anyway. And now, everywhere we look, we see a world of lack, a universe of loss, scarcity, and injustice. All we seem to see is what isn’t.
- Yet, God–full of holy goodness! From the moment HE bent low and breathed His life into the dust of our lungs, since He kissed us into being, God’s intention has never been to orchestrate our ruin. In spite our doubting Him in exchange for the deception Satan offered at the garden; has HE not rather from the very beginning had a secret purpose to bring us to our full glory?!
- GRATITUDE is how our stories can be rewritten! Endless blessings abound ALL around us… the more we awaken to them, the more we will realize just what a multi-million generous God we have on our side~!
Perfect Peace. Provision. Grace. Unmerited favor. Undeserved kindness. JOY~
- Time alone with God!
- The gift of prayer
- To be understood
- To be heard
- To be invited
- To be free
- Hope for tomorrow
- Avocados, baby spinach in a wrap
- A loving husband
- A daughter I absolutely love
- Another daughter, that I absolutely love
- Ten toes
- Two eyes
- The gift of literacy
- Grace! Abundant-amazing-carrying GRACE!
- Peace with GOD
- Popcorn (skinny pop)
- A keyboard
- A mouse (wireless)
- A good pen
- Coca-Cola Life
- Pleasant colleagues
- Safety on the road (NJ – GA) family
- Retouched workspace
- A smile. One more and another!
- A good team
- Innovation. Cutting edge. An invitation. Front row seat. A taste of what’s new
- Pandora ~ A gift!
- The gift of a BRAND new day (8.16.17)
- Alternative Fuel Licence Plate 🙂
- Peach-pass access
- Peter Tsukahira – Israel
- Sally & John Howard – A good friend
- The Kingdom of God!
- God’s Choices
- Curriculum Night
- A wonderful devotion
- The 10 Commandments
- The gift of understanding
- The gift of literacy
- The gift of faith
- The blessing of learning
- The blessing of teaching
- My Father’s Business
- God’s neighbor!
- A Coral blouse; matching earrings 🙂
- A worn out jean jacket–still works!
- Feedback. Trusted feedback
- SALVATION. Mine!
- Salvation – a good good friend!
- A red chair
- The gift of a brand new day! A marvelous solar eclipse Monday~! 8.21.17
- Journey turns 6-yrs old today 🙂 A gift; a grace! A Good, good God…..
- The gift of a free executive lunch
- SO many good vegetables~
- A good pair of comfy sneakers
- A kind sister
- My little cousin – now growing!
- A guided survivor; a true blessing…….
- The gift of time
- A group picture with the PF
- An answered prayer
- Success! A good event
- Good friends; a blessed reunion!
- A new hairdo 🙂 even that is grace…
- A good good friend
- A good good sister (many)
- Prayers, well wishes and kind notes for Journey 🙂
- A menu unfolding
- A good offer; one more!!
- A quiet day ~ I get caught up…. thank you!
- The gift of a brand NEW day – 9.7.17
- Tauren Wells – Hills & Valleys
- A new seating area
- Greek Festival 🙂
- Joy is always possible!
- A helpful colleague…………………
- Grace! So much grace
- Baptism – Outdoor service; green-green grass; testimonies!
- The marvelous gift of a brand new day! 9.19.2017
- Joy is now 8yrs old; enjoying her first month of being 8 🙂
- Blessing my socks off!
- Thrilled to have joined chorus… makes us all overflow w/joy for Joy 🙂
- A loose tooth; little miss Journey–her first month of being 6!
- Finally a top center tooth–growth pain — it’s loose Mommy 🙂
- DIVINE, 2017 (Gainesville, GA)
- Lisa Harper – on Gomer, Hosea and God’s plan for the wayward
- Beth Redman – A true favorite. A tender heart. A matriarch of mercy
- Laying the table. A nurse in haste. Unaware of the covenant. Worried. Fearful
- Responsible for the crippling of a prince; he was covered!
- David and Jonathan had taken care of Mephibosheth’s future — what a truth
- Our God has done the same. We’re not to be fearful. Covered under the Covenant
- The INTERVAL – 4 days in the grave, Lazarus (you will see the glory of God)
- Believe in the interval!
- Peter=>Faith; James=>Hope; John=>Love!
- We’re not planning a funeral; we’re planning a wedding!
- Guarding the boundary — a miracle is in progress 🙂
- Charlotte Gambill (England) – What a gift! A new favorite
- Setting her up to WIN
- Naomi and Ruth: Favor must be shared!
- A light bulb and a lamp-stand
- The 2 things Satan wants to keep separate: your potential AND your purpose
- David, up on the hill
- Kid to King
- Silence the Saboteurs
- The voice of limitation. The voice of manipulation. The voice of intimidation.
- A new beginning. Let’s start over.
- A vow never to use my words to tear down my sister. Build her up!
- Joy and Journey: Little flower-girls-to-be 🙂
- Absolutely delighted for a friend
- Absolutely delighted for a sister
- Absolutely delighted for what God is doing in His people’s lives
- The gift of folding sheets! A season of mercy
- Heart Like Heaven; Hillsong (10.11.17)– Passion worthy of your name!!!!!!!
- Love On The Line – Hillsong (10.11.17)–You put your love on the line; so good to know you understand!
- Open Heaven; Holy Spirit Rain–River wild in me, break upon my despondency…
- Consume me. Burn all that isn’t yours. I surrender. To your glory. For your glory. Holy Spirit, burn like a fire. Consume me… consume me… consume me…
- Crush over me. Restore me. Here in your presence.
- The gift of a negative force. Unspoiled. Purifies & pushes the soul.
- Your love towers over me! And I love it.
- Gracious tempest in the sea… surround me like a storm!! A hurricane
- Flood my heart again; surround me like an ocean…………………………….
- A raging sea; immerse me….. your unending grace
- Save my soul
- Your love is like a storm…………………….
- Render powerless everything the enemy has sought to render me powerless
- Psalm 116 – Our God is full of compassion
- Be at rest once more oh my soul; for the LORD has been good to you
- Our LORD is gracious and righteous
- The LORD protects the simple-hearted
- Your love towers over me Gracious tempest in the sea surround me like a storm let it flood my heart again surround me like an ocean Your love is crushing over me It’s surging like a raging sea immerse me in the waters of your love the downpour of unending love You’ve saved my soul your love is like a storm The LORD is gracious and righteous our God is full of compassion The LORD protects the simple-hearted When I was in great need, HE saved me Be at rest once more Oh my soul; for the LORD has been good to you For you oh’ LORD have delivered my soul from death; my eyes from tears; my faith from stumbling. That I may walk before the LORD in the land of the living
- Deal with ingratitude. Or you will never know a fulfilled life. 10/12/17
- Eucharisteo (gratitude) ALWAYS precedes the miracle! Always.
- If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much. A good thought.
- Knowing what we now know (about the sweetness of Jesus, the reality of hell, the pain of the cross and what Jesus suffered to make a way for us to never die or go there); I can now understand why God would be “pleading through us” as His ambassadors.
- LORD, I thank you that you WILL leave the 99 in search of my beloved brother for whose soul my heart has labored daily in prayer before you to reach and save.
- No farmer would plant anything if the harvest was not always greater than the seed planted.
- Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest! (John 4; Jesus)
- God is gracious to all men. Whether they realize it or not, or whether they ever give thanks to Him for His provisions or not. He gives life to all, breath to all living things and rain from heaven–for ALL. Freely. Daily.
- But what is God’s indictment against mankind? IT is namely that “Because though they knew God, they glorified HIM not as God, neither were they thankful…” (Romans 1:21). They are guilty of ingratitude.
- Nothing can be greater than this because nothing is greater than this! God so loved the world that HE gave. Not just anything, but HIS very best. HIS only begotten Son!
- The Father gives salvation to all who do nothing more than believe on HIS Son. What a GIFT!
- For God sent not HIS Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through HIM might be saved. (John 3)
- And this is the record, that God has given to us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life (1 John 5:9-12)
- Carson Wentz – Eagles Quarterback! 🙂
- Ephesians 2!!
- You must receive it God’s way or you will not receive it at all
- It is a GIFT. Lest any man should boast. ONLY Believe.
- Had we brought nothing (the English Bible, the English language, the Common Law, and the Tradition of Liberty) with us across the sea beside this supreme Book, we might still have been great. Without this Book, America could not have become what she is and when she loses its guidance and wisdom, she will be America no more (Lawrence; The 7 Laws of The Harvest)
- Did we bring the Bible to these shores? Did it not rather bring us?
- From those beginnings until now the Bible has been a teacher to our best men, a rebuke to our worst, and a noble companion to us all.
- It has been said that South America was settled by the Spanish, who came to that land in search of gold, but North America was settled by the Pilgrim Fathers, who came in search of God. That is what made the difference (page 23)
- The gift of a brand NEW day! 10.13.17
- A Blessed Friday!!!!!!!
- A desire for my LORD…………….
- Grateful for the identity I received when I became your daughter (1992)
- Grateful for the time you took to show me, to train me, to school me, to make me your student… what a great start!
- An amazing foundation of faith
- The balance of delivery. A gumbo of imperfect teachers who make a beautiful mosaic
- It’s your church! I love the body of Christ. Make us Unified and unafraid!
- Wages! Good wages. Blessings to run the home.
- Good friends. Really good ones. SO many of them. GIFTS
- A good husband. Hardworking. Kind. A loving father. Thoughtful!
- Two helpful daughters. And they read so well. A blessing to behold; thank you!
- A kind sister in law. Beautiful. A good friend~
- As the twig is bent; so grows the tree — contemplative listening.
- The fear of God is clean
- Trembling at your word – a good, good Father!
- A car that rides well
- HOV access and the free Peach-pass lane. Thank you!
- A charging station at work; free. A gift
- Thank you for good health
- For sending help from your throne for the Philadelphia Eagles last night – the strength of Carson + team! 🙂
- For the love and gratitude, I feel towards you this morning.
- For a flight ticket for a sister who needed one. For going before her. For the mountain that has been spoken to and for the MOVING, it will do.
- Ideas for life.
- A willing recommend-er. A good friend. A sister in the faith. A willing Vice President
- To give back from what you have given us!
- For the mission field — the souls coming into the kingdom ==> Eternal Life!
- To know this: Jesus I need you (Hillsong)
- Gratitude truly is the foremost quality of a believing disciple precisely because gratitude is what births trust… the true belief (AV; 1000 Gifts)
- Three breathing plants
- Candler School of Theology – EMORY
- Soul Doctors
- Paid Bills
- Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD (Psalm 33:12)
- Righteousness exalts a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people (Proverbs 14:34)
- If truth be not diffused, error will be! (Daniel Webster)
- The Gospel is only good news if it gets there in time (Carl F.H. Henry)
- Piper, John: balance on wealth and the preacher (what wisdom!) thank you…
- Day 1 (10.16.17) the first 7 or the 63 hours of prayer; an honor to bow (low)
- In Christ, we are always, always, always safe
- To the enfleshed yes who said yes to this moment and yes to last year’s illness and yes to the cracks of my childhood and yes to the nail and yes to my name in the Book of Life, hear me say YES! (AV, 1000 Gifts)
- Breakthroughs in the Bible do not come to people who do not seek them
- An important interview in NY – the grace of an open door
- Tristi – something new + beautiful for her this week
- Unexpected blessings @ Sam’s // without even looking; led of you my LORD (Thank You So Much!!!)
- Thank you for (clarity, direction, guidance, your leadership, and provision)
- RESTORE power, please Dear LORD // the personification of PR (lost power)
- The ONLY wise God!
- No question of your greatness…
- Be born in me; Francesca Battistelli
- I’m gonna be ready! Yolanda Adams
- Sight beyond what I see. You know what’s best for me. Prepare my mind, prepare my heart. For whatever comes, I’m gone’ be ready. Strength to pass any test.
I feel like I’m so blessed. With you in control, I can’t go wrong. ‘Cause I always know
I’m gonna be ready. So use me as you will. I’ll pay the price. ‘Cause made the ultimate sacrifice. It’s all because of you that I even have life. And I’ll give my love as a tribute to how great you are…
- The Cash app; thank you!
- Gloria’s kindness! thank you……………………………………….
- Day 3 (10.18.17) grateful to God for His sustaining grace!
- Number 3; Gideon; Rocksoul — Grace, much MUCH grace…
- A trusted Savior! A confidant! The MOST Gracious!
- Breakfast Potatoes
- A husband who prepared dinner and took care of homework! A gift to me…
- A good biscuit 🙂
- Grace to write………………. to the glory and the honor of God’s name
- The story of the 2 blind men (Matthew 9) Son of David; Have Mercy on us – and HE did!
- Safe ride to work. A blessing!
- Prayer for Tristi: Lord do for her (something new and beautiful) this week.
- 15yrs @ The Coca-Cola Company; your amazing faithfulness! Truly grateful…
- Awe! Pure awe…………. the morning of 10.22.17 (lifted up) a Holy Place! Day 7
- Jesus Is Coming Back Soon!
- Purple letters on a SOLID ROCK (unscrambled); a volt quickly shut! I gasp.
- Speaking the words of life…
- Remove your shoes // A very holy place!
- Satan cannot bear the name of JESUS…
- I rejoice! I know a NAME!
- 10.23.17 – The Philadelphia Eagles, they WIN — again! Thank you, God…
- You will leave the 99 in search of the 1. I absolutely LOVE you, LORD!
- I AIM
- God, you bless; yet again! A good day for Newton. He drives…..! We give thanks.
- A 15th Anniversary Lunch! A good quality meal. Thai food; massaman (chicken) I smile. I give thanks! Honored. Blessed. Loved. Grateful.
- 10.24.17 — We head to NY!
- The God whom we thank for fulfilling the promises of the past will fulfill His promises again. In Christ, the answer to the questions of every moment is always yes. The answer is always YES!
- Can we go somewhere?! 🙂 🙂 — So heartwarming!
- A gratitude walk; remembering! Reinforcing and Reclaiming lost ground…….
- Misfortune pursues the sinner, but prosperity is the reward of the righteous (Prov 13:21)
- He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm (Prov 13:20)
- A good man leaves an inheritance for his children’s children, but a sinner’s wealth is stored up for the righteous (Prov 13:22)
- Honored to have no other god but Y A H W E H ~
- For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat
- I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink
- I was a stranger & you invited me in
- I needed clothes and you clothed me
- I was sick & you looked after me
- I was in prison and you came to visit me
- I tell you the truth: whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me…
- I wisdom, dwell together w/prudence. I possess knowledge and discretion. To fear the LORD is to hate evil
- I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech (Prov 8:12-13)
- I asked for all things that I might enjoy life. I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
- Rutgers School of Communication and Information
- Master of Communication and Media
- Alli @ Rutgers
- The GIFT of a BRAND New YEAR!!! 2018 (Thank You, Dear LORD!)
- The precious, precious gift of the remarkable~only SON of God!
- The very desired gift of solitude and silence – thank you, God! A deep breath.
- I know that you are for me!
- I know that you will NEVER forsake me in my weakness. My heart bows in reverence and gratitude! I take a very deep-deep breath! You will help me.
- I will never leave thee! What an assurance. (Hebrews 13:5)
- SEVEN daily Chapters!
- Clarity. A gift!
- This is why (I) love (YOU) my precious, precious LORD! You love me………………… (me)
- Forgiveness. To overlook an offense. To rid myself of bitterness. To release the offender. To bless the offender. Thank you!
- Room in my THOUGHTS for the God I love…………….. Renewed mind. What a blessing! What a gift.
- The EAGLE!!!!!!!
- We’re going to LIVE………………..
- We’re gonna be okay……………………
- All is well!
- Blessed beyond measure………………………….
- Perfected in LOVE!
- No greater assurance. A stake in the ground. THIS IS HOME! 1.9.18
- Dangerous and FULLY Awake! …if necessary DEADLY! Lisa Bevere – 1.11.18
- Nurturing. Capable. Virtuous!
- Winners take action.
- I trust you. FULLY!
- Small deposits consistently for the past 25-years to now enable a very large withdrawal! I love it, precious JESUS — I Love it!
- Chines Bamboo: plant it. year 1; nothing above ground level. year 2 nothing above ground level, year 3 nothing above ground level, year 4, nothing above ground level… BUT year FIVE!!! 80 feet above ground level………………….. it grows!! So what was happening all those years beneath the surface? The bamboo was developing a MASSIVE root system, that would eventually be able to uphold the growth of this MIGHTY Bamboo!!!! Absolutely powerful……..
- Get ready. God is getting ready to GROW your life out of control!
- Manti to his teacher: You can keep the “F” I’ll hold on to my dream!!!!!!! And HE DID.
- I passed the test! O’ the pleasure of passing God’s greatest tests………………
- Faithful you have been; faithful you will be!
- To move into HIS presence and listed to HIS love unending–and to know the grace (uncontainable). This is the vault of the miracles. The only thing that can change us, the world, is this; all HIS love (Ann Voskamp)
- That Christ has regarded my helpless estate and pardoned my sin AND shed His own blood for my soul. So very grateful! Thank you, LORD…
- My sin (not in part) but the whole; is nailed to the cross and I bear it no more. Praise the LORD, Praise the LORD O my soul!!!!!!!!
- I hear the Savior say: your strength indeed is small. But I got you!! Thank you LORD.
- In the INTERVAL: Boundaries are wise. He took only (Peter, James & John). Faith, Hope and Love. The rest HE put out. A boundary to protect and guard the miracle in progress. wise!
- The purest place. Keep me here. In the center of your heart! (Watermark) I love this! The center of your heart–that’s where I belong.
- My very present help in time of need.
- You say that I am FREE! I’ll take it. Thank you…………………………………..
- See!! The WORD is working!
- Vision comes 1st; provision comes later. Go after your dream. God WILL provide!
- Vague goals produce vague results
- THIS God of Israel; what can I say of HIM…………………………….. 2.6.2018
- Trusted. Faithful. THE Promise Keeper!
- He gave The Philadephia Eagles the victory I asked of Him!!!!!!!
- Their 1st Superbowl Championship ever — this was for a Son. A friend!
- We prayed for a year (daily) — use this (football) to show him that you hear and answer prayer. And you did! I cannot thank you enough… God of Israel, I LOVE you!
- Give me an undivided heart that I may fear your great name! (Psalm 86:11)
- Rid me of these 3 treacherous sins. May they never find a home in me. Pride, Ingratitude, Idolatry
- Luke 17:19 Jesus restores ten lepers to wholeness. And only one returns to offer any thanks…
- Your faith has made you well. Meaning; whole! He got (healing + salvation), the rest only healing–they would need more healing later. Give thanks, O’ my soul! In everything.
- Acknowledgement: I received your letter
- Mending. I am willing.
- I withhold no forgiveness. Freely I have been forgiven, freely I forgive (every person, every hurt, every pain). You are my example. You do it so well precious Savior of my soul! thank you…
- Salvation for a dear friend! To his house also.
- The voice of the LORD breaks cedars. The voice of the LORD twists the Oaks (Ps 29)
- I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Before you were born I set you apart (Jeremiah 1:5) // 2.12.2018
- Gratitude bestows reverence – JOHN MILTON
- Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable His judgments and His paths beyond tracing out! (Romans 11:33)
- The gift of a brand new day
- Time alone with God. SOO so very fulfilling!
- Elijah. Mount Carmel. The ONLY true and living God. Revealed!
- The Ravens will feed you.
- The widow will provide for you.
- The drought will end @ your own word!
- Miracles make clear who the true God is.
- Sunday. Funday! Chili cookoff : )
- Mountainview High School!
- God of rest!
- Difficult grace…
- More difficult grace…
- Lunch with a good friend!
- News: Baby Madison (8lbs 10oz) – Adoption!
- Success requires payment (in full; in advance) never later–always beforehand!
- Let there be light (6.13.18)
- Emanuel James Rohn – 77,777 (5.15.18)
- Now’s the time to fix the next 10 years!
- Whatever you do not employ, you forfeit (*_*)
- Lack of use causes loss
- What you don’t use you loose
- To change any problem, you need an idea
- There isn’t any problem an idea cannot change
- Every action is preceded by a goal
- Every goal is preceded by a dream
- Think about the end before any major decision
- Everything is created twice
- I want the world to be better because I was here
- Begin with the end in mind
- How do you want your life to end?
- Synergy: heart, stomach, brain (all work together) even though alone they are important (productive synergy)
- All things are possible to those who believe; not those who hope!
- Kingdom focused
- Seven Hebrew words for (PRAISE) – My goodness!!! !!! !
- Yadah: worship with extended hand “pick me up, I am all yours”
- Halal: Hallelujah, to make a show, to boast, to celebrate, to rave of the LORD, to shine, to stultify (make a fool of oneself)
- Tehillah: a spontaneous new song, unrehearsed song. Erupting from deeds and attributes and qualities of God
- Towdah: praise as a sacrifice before reception of an answer. Agreeing with God that IT IS AS HE says it is!!! Lifting up my right hand into God’s extended right hand
- Zamar: music accompanied with instruments, strings, striking the fingers, drums
- Barak: to kneel, to bless, to bow in the presence of a King. Adoration!
- Shabach: volume triumph, loud adoration… a holy Roar!!! To SHOUT (your whole being; totally uninhibited)
- Thank you so much, Dear LORD for the gift of JULY! You are so gracious and kind.
- 10 years of marriage. Pure grace! Your grace….
- Back to school shopping (clothes, shoes, supplies) you supply; once more–thank you!
- New teachers. Good school. A place to call home. Blessings untold!
- The birthing of a new tiny miracle of a dream!
- To see the God of Israel at work……………..
- Help (to the second) a long, long gift into a short short gift 🙂
- A much needed 30% off. A blessing to hang HIGH like your Son on the cross
- Made in the image and likeness of God!? What an honor. What a GIFT! Why us?
- Singing daughters. A joy to behold. A prayer answered!
- Peace of mind
- Good rest. Much, much needed rest!
- A God who can be trusted! Yesterday today and forevermore……………..
- Reliable, unfailing, faithful to the very end—the God of JACOB!!! Happy to have Him as (my) GOD.
- Pressing through to VICTORY!
- Wholehearted seeing! A sure finding on the way…………………………….. VOLUME
- Provision. Supplying of ALL of our needs. Jehovah JIREH–the LORD God our provider.
- A new season underway! The old is gone; BEHOLD a new has come! A good God…
- The expectation of the righteous shall not be cut off!
- The people who know their God SHALL be strong!
- Be STRONG and courageous; for the LORD your God will be with you EVERYWHERE you go!
- A holy disconnect!
- Paying the FULL price! The grace to pay it in spite the very difficult grace. But HE is worth it!
- Good health! Good Strength! Good Mind. Sound mind. A soul in a good place w/God! A true gift, thank you God of heaven!
- The grace to cook a good home cooked meal. Beautiful girls who enjoy every bit of it! Thank you God. Not all have food. Not all have a table. Not all have a family. Not all have a roof over their heads. Not all have an income. Not all have love. Not all have Christ! Oh the DEPTHS of the riches of your grace and love……………………. how unsearchable!! Thank you!!!!
- Watermelon, Cantaloupe, Green Grapes, Kiwi’s, Cherries, Oranges, Apples, Bananas…. Oh my!! All here, all for us–the work of your hand. You thought of us! What LOVE is this!? thank you………………..
- Don’t be afraid to dream BIG! 🙂
- Music………………………. what a BIG, BIG, Gigantic word to unpack!! Your vastness, your creativity (YOURS) so rich, beyond what I can fathom with my finite mind. I LOVE you…………………….
- The birthplace of an AWAKENING
- A remnant that seeks the face of God.
- The priesthood in good standing with the KING……
- Strength to press forward, upward, onward!
- A baptism of courage
- My heart, there is a lesson sweetly taught to you in the ceaseless song of Zion’s temple. You are a constant debtor; therefore see to it that your gratitude, like charity, never fails. God’s praise is constant in heaven, which is to be your final dwelling-place; so learn to practice the eternal hallelujah. Around the earth as the sun scatters its light, its beams awaken grateful believers to tune their morning hymn, so that by the priesthood of the saints perpetual praise is kept up at all hours; they surround our globe in a mantle of thanksgiving and girdle it with a golden belt of song (C.H. Spurgeon // Alister Begg)
- I have learned to place myself before God every day as a vessel to be filled with his Holy Spirit. He has filled me with the blessed assurance that HE, as the everlasting God, has guaranteed his own work in me. – Andrew Murray (9.5.18)
- There are three distinctive marks of the man who has been influenced by Jesus Christ: poise, simplicity, peace. – Francis Greenwood Peabody (9.6.18)
- God never burglarizes the human will. He may long to come in and help, but he will never cross the picket line of our unwillingness. – James Jauncey
- No weapon formed against me shall prosper, it won’t work!
- No; the wise man knows that the sun must reveal itself, and only by its own blaze can that mighty orb be seen. It is the same with Christ. “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah!” He said to Peter. “For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father in heaven.” Purify flesh and blood by any educational process you may select, elevate mental faculties to the highest degree of intellectual power, yet none of these can reveal Christ.
- We must move from asking God to take care of the things that are breaking our hearts, to praying about the things that are breaking HIS heart. M Gibb
- He was perfect because he never made a move without his Father. – Tom Skinner
- Simplicity isn’t a matter of circumstances — it’s a matter of focus. And a Simple Christmas — simply focuses on Christ… (Ann Voskamp)
- A life Audit! Absolutely (12.3.18)
- The focus to simplify. automate. eliminate.
- The GOOD news from a GOOD-GOOD Father!
- A season of change
- A season of faith
- An amazing grace!
- And here we stand, at the very end of another year. And you O’ God of heaven have been faithful. So faithful indeed. I cannot say just how much! 12.31.2019
- I bow in reverence. I bow in gratitude. So many gifts. So many graces. So much love.
- Thank you for your protection, your peace, your patience with me, your power at work in me, your provision for me and my family, your presence that I would not give up in exchange for a big payout, your precious, precious Holy Spirit who teaches me, guides me, corrects me, disciplines me and shows me the way that I should go!
- Dear God of Heaven, thank you!!!
420. That nothing we do is more important than helping people get to heaven.
421. The gift of a brand NEW day — July 7th, 2020
422. Thank you for by beloved Mom, Sally! She would have been 71 today! — 7/7/20
423. Thank you for her seven girls; my sister’s and I.
424. Thank you for a loving husband, for the beautiful bouquet of red roses this morning!
425. Thank you for my little girls Joy and Journey. O’ how they are growing! Healthy and wise.
426. For the difficult graces in our nation. For how it hurts, humbles and at times humiliates.
427. For the miracle of provision in the midst of a pandemic. That the oil and the flour have not run out. And this is grace!
428. For supernatural provision. An open heaven. A timely blessing. The fulfillment of your word!
429. F.B. Meyer on Samuel. O’ so rich!
430. F.B. Meyer on Elijah. A wealth of wisdom. I can’t say just how much!
431. F.B Meyer on Joshua and the land of promise. O’ my…………. the depths of your riches, how unsearchable.
432. Don’t fear them! A word of comfort from your heart to mine. And how I needed it!
433. For vision to lead.
434. For my daily bread.
435. For peace in our nation (fragmented/broken/divided) but you our peace. You hold us together.
436. For JosiahKids–year 3! We seek your guidance. We pray for your leadership. You’ve been so good to us. For the 2 years you’ve given us so far. Thank you, Abba Father–THANK YOU!!!
437. For JosiahJude. For the student of your ways. A place. A well to draw from!
438. For John MacArthur. For the difficult grace. To hear the articles. Even this is grace.
439. For your heart! O’ how it comforts me. Your love for the poor. Your love for justice. Your concern for the downcast. Your passion for righteousness. But you came to us; ugly sinners. Yet you came.
440. A light to the gentiles. Hope for a dying world. Salvation for the lost. I pray that you will open the eyes of the blind and you do. I love you. You are MIGHTY to save. I thank you!
441. My hiding place. My refuge. My very present help in my time of need.
442. You go through Samaria! To see about the shunned. And my heart loves you even more. Beautiful JESUS. Make me more like you My LORD.
443. And who is my neighbor? Yes, him. The one. The despised. The Samaritan. Again, it is the Samaritan who stops to nurse the wounds of the hurting. It is the Samaritan who returns to say thank you, it is the Samaritan who takes the good news to her town and the whole city is saved. Let me be numbered with the Samaritan. Let me be lowly and kind to the sinner. As you were numbered with the transgressors, I will be honored to stand with and be numbered with them my LORD.
444. God of promise!
445. God of covenant!
446. God of fulfillment!
447. God of timing!
448. God of purpose!
449. So grateful to know you. To know your heart. To know you is to LOVE you!
450. I am waiting upon you My LORD.
451. Like Moses: I pray that your presence will go with me/us. Without you, the going is not worth going. I can’t do it without you, neither do I want to. I need you LORD. Go before me AND keep me. Hide me under the shadow of your wing.
452. El Chanun ~ The Most Gracious God!
July 13th, 2020
453. Miracles, when you move, such an easy thing for you to do; your hand is moving right now. You are still showing up, at the tomb of every Lazarus. I know you’re able, My God come through again. You can do all things but fail–cause you’ve never lost a battle. And I know, you never will. Everything’s possible by the power of the Holy Ghost. — You’ve never lost a battle, and I know, you NEVER will. So grateful to you my LORD. Love you, and appreciate you so much for ALL the battles you have won on my behalf (and they are many).
454. Dyanne & Anthony (One year anniversary today) we give you thanks! You are so faithful.
455. A gift from Ruth for our Anniversary. A thoughtful sister; thank you GOD for Ruth!
456. Clarity of vision. Time in your presence. Prayer. Strength, direction and peace.
457. Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all of your ways acknowledge HIM, and HE will direct your paths. Thank you for such a beautiful promise (Proverbs 3:5-6)
458. You don’t want evil unified. You don’t want evil organized. Let them stay confused and disorganized. Like the tower of Babel, like the locusts advancing in troops to destroy–may you O’ LORD God of the highest heavens confuse the language of all evil doers and turn their counsel into dung.
459. I will be with thee, I will not fail thee. And I say THANK YOU, again and again My Father, hear me say–thank you!!! (Joshua 1:5)
460. Now in those days: the advice Ahithophel gave was like that of one who inquires of God. Now David had been told–Ahithophel is among the conspirators with Absalom. And so David had prayed: “O’ LORD, turn Ahithophel’s counsel into foolishness.” (2 Samuel 15:31) and the LORD did. You are so faithful my God. And this is the prayer I pray for America today.
461. May (all) who seek to advance their own agendas, may all who have strengthened the arm of wickedness in the nation, and all who have perverted justice (acquitting the guilty and condemning the innocent), the haughty eyes, the proud look, the one sows discord among brothers) wake up confused–thoroughly confused, to the glory and the honor of your great name!
462. Your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. Thank you, Abba Father!
463. In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his step.
464. Teach me your ways O’ LORD! My heart is set on you to the very end.
465. Thank you so much for the pictures Sandy-Love shared with me yesterday! Thank you for the grace I see. The years of your hand guiding, leading, caring, loving, healing, providing and being the best Father I could have asked for. Thank you so, very much my precious, precious JESUS for the years of your steadfast love toward me and my family…………………………………
466. Continued benefits. A gift. An open heaven. YAHWEH. The LORD GOD my provider. Jehovah Jireh. I am overwhelmed by your goodness. By your ability to tell years in advance how a thing shall be and it comes to pass just as you showed me. Humbled, grateful and amazed. I am indeed your witness, that YOU ARE the LIVING GOD. No other!
467. Our leadership team call on Saturday with (RM, RM, LO, SS, Justin, NM, JK, and me) I saw your hand. I felt your presence. You guided. You gave us oneness of heart , mind and spirit. You are leading. I will not fear. You are with me. To the very end. I cling to you with all I’ve got. SO fortunate to have YOU……………. The GOD of Jacob as my help and my friend! I love you, thank you soooo very much, Abba! Thank you!!!
468. Time outside with the girls, Saturday evening tossing water balloons and chasing each other in the backyard me, hubby and the girls. What a GIFT of JOY a gift difficult to articulate. A backyard, a beautiful home, a redeemer indeed. A close friend and confidant.
469. That Absalom knew what a true friend (Hushai) should have been to David, but him a son–demonstrating a much worse betrayal, followed by such a lack of discretion and wisdom. My GOD give our children wisdom, I pray!
470. Shimei – pelting David and his men with rocks and insults. “The LORD has repaid you for all the blood you shed in the household of Saul the LORD has handed the kingdom over to your son Absalom.” What a terrible accusation and how far from the truth these words were to God’s chosen King. And how God uses Solomon to inflict the punishment to Shimei for this wrong to David. Vengence is yours. You do repay. It is good to wait on You!
471. “You have come to ruin because you are a man of blood.” Satan is always a liar. There is not truth in him. And he will always find men and women willing to be his spokespersons. May God silence every lying tongue around me and my family. May you O’ God who was for David, love, encourage and bless all those who are doing your bidding, I pray. And you’ve done so. ALWAYS. SO grateful. I love you!!!
July 17th, 2020
472. The Instrumental for the arrangement created and delivered. I smile, no I smile a mile wide. O’ how my heart is full of gratitude and joy. A desire, so out of reach it seemed, but YOU, always YOU, my Father and my GOD! You never cease to amaze. I am blessed, I am honored, I bursting with gratitude. I am in love~ swimming in oceans of gratitude. You say move in faith; and you meet me, right there–you never let me fall. I love you more than I can express this morning my precious LORD. Thank you for your goodness and your faithfulness. All I needed was the first step!
473. Eight weeks of Music : )
474. Eight weeks of Dance : )
475. You provided teacher(s). A miracle!!! You, always YOU! My LORD, thank you so much!
476. Overwhelmed with joy! Overwhelmed with gratitude. The steps of the righteous ordered by you. Every last one of them. Meeting us right where we need you. And you astonish, and you amaze, and you delight, and you lift up and bless–Again and again YOU do. Here me say, Thank you so much O’ Sovereign LORD. Thank you!!!
477. The meeting at the “New Home Studio” yesterday! A pleasure. A delight. We meet. Safely. We break bread (BBQ Chicken, Mac & Cheese, Roasted Cauliflower, Spicy Sauteed Mushrooms, Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Ice cream) and we talk, and you give the clarity, the wisdom, the counsel, the way you see us, the hope we hold on to in you, the promise, and we ENJOY the company, and our girls, enjoying every minute of the time we spend with our guests (and they delight) and I am honored and grateful and moved by your working, your hand, your plan, your purpose, your timing! And how I want your glory to shine, to be seen in EVERY aspect of what we do. And how my love for you deepens. And I sigh, the weight of glory. The weight of your calling, the weight of the honor to work WITH and for YOU! Only you. My highest JOY.
488. Thank you for the Gift of my husband who stayed up to clean, to vacuum, to rearrange and outfit the studio, to connect with work for ideas, to cut up the Cauliflower, to roast it and to run out for the Cake and Ice-cream. A gift from you he is. And I say THANK YOU! Thank you for Maina.
489. Coach Roc, Lorraine, Justin–this was your doing! THREE massive gifts, in our home. And they add to the discussion, and they ask the right questions, and they explore solutions, and they spend themselves in honor of your name and the work you have given us, and I bow. Low. In reverence at your doing and at their willingness to shoulder the burden of the call. So grateful for these. Bless them LORD. And you have. Here me say–THANK YOU LORD for these three very special gifts~
490. That I woke up to hundreds of blessings in my Credit Union Barn! YAHWEH. Jehovah Jireh. The LORD God my provider. And I exclaim with wonder and amazement, again and again and again. I am speechless by your attentive heart that sees even the last lost coin. And how you catch me. How it makes me love you and trust you even more. I could’t have another GOD beside you. And neither do I want to. YOU are The LIVING GOD. No other. You have proven this, again and again and again. What you say. That YOU do. I am so honored to be known. To be seen. To be LOVED by YOU. YOU. Of all people. And that is enough. For me. I LOVE YOU!
491. A response on the Exemption! : ) What more can I add. I see you. The unseen hand. You love US. You go before us. You fight for us. You keep making a way. You answer. You lead and you strengthen. You make a way in the wilderness and we are refreshed, amazed and bask in the wonder of your love and commitment to your own.
492. The orphan is MINE. It’s all the belonging I need. I am loved. I am known. Accepted in the beloved. Held. And no one else has to validate that I matter. I am valued. I am YOURS!
493. Beautiful feet of Jesus. Mary Magdalene. I love YOU and I love her. And I love how she clings to you outside of that tomb. And I love how she lingers as Peter and John quietly walk back, perplexed @ the empty grave. My Savior! My precious, precious JESUS! I cling to you in the way she did. And I smile that my name is derived from hers. Mar-lene. And when you call her, “Mary” you call me~ and I melt in your arms. Those eyes, they give me peace. They route my fears. I know that I am seen. I know that I am loved. I KNOW THIS, like I know my name. And this is enough. I crown you MASTER to superintend ALL the affairs of my life, to govern my decisions, to lead me and to open only the doors that are aligned to your perfect will for me. Let me serve you. You have been good to me. It is a privilege to do your bidding. To love the children. To teach the children. To feed the children. To see them grow. Rooted in you. Covered. KEPT. Preserved from ravenous evil of our day. Let me love you through them! I am honored to serve you! My Savior AND my LORD.
494. The honor of knowing you! O’ thank you so very much, My LORD!
495. A phone call today. The HEBREW. Your HEBREW. My goodness. My GOD. We will never fathom your purposes, your plans, your work, your doing. I am overwhelmed. I am amazed. I bow in reverence. I bow in gratitude. Amazed by you! Thank you SO much, My LORD!!!!
496. We reshuffle and we move. And we are blessed to be able to make room for the gospel. To make room for the little lambs. To inconvenience ourselves. To build a studio in our home. To give up comfort. To invite. To love. To stand up to the need. To meet the need. To love outside the boarders of our nation and our city. It is well. And you have provided. The grace, the strength, the provision. And I smile. I love you!
497. A text from a sister. A selfless sister. And she gives. Her best. Her all. She donates her new I-pad to JosiahKids. She gives it like Mary, she breaks the Alabaster box and she sows a seed. Her all. And I weep. And I suffer righteousness to be fulfilled. I accept with two hands. A precious gift. And I pray. Even now. Bless her beyond her wildest dreams. Remember her. Lift her up. Honor her. A reward from your hand to hers. I bless her! Thank you for the gift, I recognize that it ultimately came from YOUR hand. Thank you!
498. A difficult grace. We cancel the visit. A friend. She really wanted to come. A 2nd cancellation. I am sad. But it was needful. Give us grace to reorder our world, our home and receive her in due time. In your time. Thank you for the grace!
499. Books. SO many books. The grace to learn. The grace to grow. The grace to know. The grace to be teachable. To be open to what I might not know or understand. And you have gifted me with the gift of learning. And I marvel at these books. Hundreds of them. And I bow in gratitude. And I say THANK YOU for the gift of literacy. The gift of learning. The gift of growth. I trust you!
500. I am yours. Again, and again, I declare it. In the heavens. On the rooftops. In my heart and with a smile. I rejoice. I am yours. What more do I need. To be yours. And you are mine. And i rest.
501. Oven baked potato fries with burgers for dinner. Delicious with avocado. Delicious with Passion fruit juice.
502. Happy 9th Birthday to Journey!
503. God you have been so good to us. How honored and thankful we are to be called by your great name.
504. Happy 11th Birthday to Joy!
505. What a great God you have been to my girls, to me and Maina! Thank you for your grace and your goodness. Thank you for the wonderful blessings you’ve given us through these two girls
506. For the caring, loving, prayerful Aunty Ruth who sent such thoughtful gifts for Joy and Journey!
507. For Aunty Gloria who sent 1,000 blessings for Joy and Journey~ New Comforters, New Pillows, New Shower Curtains, amazing help and blessings. Please honor and bless her!
508. For Uncle Bethwel and Aunty Irine and the gifts of their presence! Big balloons. Great food. Lots of cake. AMEX Gift Cards. Joy… Laughter and a shared August-trio-of-birthdays with the loving Aunty Lorraine and good friend Isaiah! It was a great day. It was a GIFT from your hand. We recognize it as such. Thank you Abba Father! Thank you………
509. For countless special videos from beloved friends and family members.. Uncle Mokua, Uncle Alex, Aunty Ivy, Aunt Zippy & Nixon, Aunt Lorraine, Aunt Carol & Uncle Duncan in Cali, Aunt Jacque & Cousin Tyler, Aunt Sandra and her family, Aunt Linda, Uncle Vicor and Zane, Aunt Ruth in Nairobi, Miss Jessica, Uncle Jeff, Pastor Joe, Emersyn and Karter, Madison, Stacy and Claire, Chloe and Ella, Valarie, Levi, Miss Sharae, Miss Khoran, Uncle Bernard & Aunty Olive, Donovan, Justin and Eli, Jadyn and Josiah, Aunty Shiku, Aunty Bakeera, Uncle Darius, Sierra, Aniya, Jaida, Liam : ) , Aunty Tisha……………. these are all gifts from you my loving Father! I see them. I take note of them. I itemize them. I name them. One by one. Here me say thank you so much!
510. For preparation for JosiahKids Year-3
511. For the press release that went out on July 21st, 2020 (JosiahKids goes global/digital)
512. For the realization of that dream. Born out of the adversity of the pandemic.
513. Orientation for JosiahKids Year-3, Broadcast from Influencers Church, Duluth. Yesterday September 5th, 2020. Such a tremendous success!! All YOU My Father ! All you. What a great God you’ve been to us. What a tremendous blessing you are! How greatly to be praised. How awesome!!
514. Thank you for the DTEN. A five thousand blessing from you. A second shipment. A troubleshoot. A helpful Content Creator. An amazing set up and a great team. No, I can’t find the right words to say thank you! Thank you so much for the DTEN. The vehicle. The old general’s tools. The God of Jacob. You never cease to amaze. Go! Your son will live. Your word. Always enough. ALWAYS.
515. Thank you for breakfast from La Madeleine! Fresh from the Bakery, Croissant Sandwiches, Coffee and your presence. Our daily bread. Good strength to do the Good work. You are truly amazing. I honor you!!
516. Thank you for the leadership team. The masks that Sharae’s sister Sediqua made for us with our JosiahKids Logo, the High boys and bar stools from THE BASH. Your glory! You are such an amazing Father! Thank you so much……………
517. Thank you for my dear sister Carol’s Birthday yesterday! Thank you for the kindnesses she has shown us over the years. Thank you for the hand-up she gave me. For the $40 dollars she sent me when I was 18. The suitcases full of clothes for me, Gloria, Linda, Sandra, Lorraine and Mom. Shoes. Sweaters. Dresses and she was so young. I am SO grateful to you O’ God for my sister Carol! Thank you so much for your goodness and kindness in and through her! Bless her family and continue to honor her, I pray!
518. The ice-cream in Duluth after Orientation yesterday for all of us : )
519. The LOVE you have shown us. Again and again.
520. A Sunday morning, rich with renewed mercies!
521. Alice! Alice Amuhoyi and her lovely family………….. a dear, cherished childhood friend : ) A gift! Your doing. I smile~
522. Kareem who helped us with Kahoot : ) such a beautiful friend and sister in the faith. I love her.
523. Rasool Muhammad
524. Rondon Manwaring
525. Sharae Stackhouse
526. Lorraine Ongwenyi
527. Newton Maina
528. Justin Jones
529. Jenecia Kissoon
530. Jared Kissoon
531. Chris Wilson
532. Aneury Hernandez
533. The conversation with Nancy @ Influencers yesterday!
534. The conversation with Newton yesterday.
535. A new day. A Sunday. A day of rest. A day to visit a family we absolutely LOVE in Powder Springs. A day to be grateful for your grace and goodness, Lord, THANK YOU!!
536. New Navy Pants. A perfect fit. Capris. I smile : )
537. Eliana… Jacque… Gloria… The family! Such a blessing. We smile. We rejoice in these blessings!
538. Jeff Smith. An amazing friend. A long-long term friend. A brother. The one I never had. A gift from your hands. And I marvel. And I say Thank You God! That he logged in. That he learned more. That he called last night. That he has been steadfast. I am grateful. Here me say, THANK YOU GOD.
539. Be Thou My Vision – O’ Lord of my heart! High King of Heaven, my treasure my GOD. I love you more than words can describe. Yet, please LORD, help me to LOVE you more. More affectionately. More bravely. More fully. More intimately. I can surely love you more. You have been SO good to me!!
540. A unit of glory! A special covering. A grace. A gift. And I say thank you so much, Lord!!
541. A brand new studio in our home! I have no words to express just how much you have done for us. Thank you, my LORD!