Every life form seems to strive to its maximum except human beings. How tall will a tree grow? As tall as it possibly can. Human beings, on the other hand, have been given the dignity of choice. You can choose to be all or you can choose to be less. Why not stretch up to the full measure of the challenge and see what all you can do?JIM ROHN
For years I was that girl who showed up with a suitcase at the airport with no idea where exactly I was going. I had no goals. And though I had somewhat of a blurry vision of the great things I was called to do, the problem was, I had absolutely no idea how I was going to get there.
For some reason, no one ever taught me to write my vision down. To set goals. To check my philosophies. To work on becoming a person of value. I had earned a couple of degrees graduating summa cum laude (highest honors) with a perfect 4.0 GPA, worked for a great company, but I was still stuck on the side of the road and could not quite make out why.
The late Jim Rohn was the dedicated personal growth and development expert, who served a sizable community of achievers for over 46 years teaching them fundamental success philosophies that changed so many. Jim was a gift to me from God. How he helped me connect the dots to see the stark difference between education and personal development and the philosophies that were undermining my own success. I will forever be grateful to God for Jim, and how his teaching deeply affected and changed my life. We will post writings on JosiahJude.ORG in the categories of personal development to help you along your journey. They will all be along the lines of these 21 philosophies borrowed directly from Jim to inspire you to reach your best and highest potential.
- Leaders are readers.
- Income seldom exceeds personal development.
- Talent unused is lost. Vitality unused is lost. A gift unused is lost.
- What’s easy to do is also easy to neglect.
- Vague goals produce vague results.
- The world can always use one more great leader.
- The only way that things are going to change for you is when YOU change.
- You should make sure that the outside of you is a good reflection of the inside of you.
- Time, effort, and imagination must be summoned constantly to keep any relationship flourishing and growing.
- The major reason for setting a goal is for what it makes of you to accomplish it.
- Every day has many opportunities, but only one best opportunity.
- Surround yourself with the best people.
- Don’t join an easy crowd; you won’t grow. Go where the expectations and the demands to perform are high.
- Never wish life was easier, wish you were better.
- Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune.
- Become a person of talent and virtue, and influence will follow.
- Neglect is like a disease. Neglect eating the apple, and soon you will be neglecting fitness.
- To lead others is to help them change their thoughts, beliefs and actions for the better.
- Leave a legacy
- Live a life that will help others spiritually, intellectually, physically, financially,and relationally. Live a life that serves as an example of what a life well lived can look like.
- Every good will be attacked. To not think so would be naive. Protect the good you start.
Do you see a man who is diligent in his work? He will stand before kings; He will not stand before unknown men. Proverbs 22:29
For HIS glory!